Thursday, February 23, 2012

if you're out of shape and you know it clap your hands

Clap, ow. I went to my first Pure Barre class tonight, and that class made me very aware of how out of shape I am. I got a 30-day unlimited package from PL for Valentine's Day. (I'm trying not to over think why my husband got me this gift) Long long ago I attended many a ballet class and loved it. Pure Barre struck my interest because, well, they have a ballet bar, and I've heard they provide quite a workout. About half way through the class I started thinking about paying PL so I wouldn't have to go back.  Then I snapped out of it and continued to concentrate on holding my shoulders back, tucking my butt, not letting my legs bow, and doing whatever muscle burning exercise was being demonstrated. One hour later and I am still alive. Tomorrow may be another story...

2 comments:

  1. Yay, you went! I am sure you will love it eventually! Thanks for blogging again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you doing your barre workouts? Well, I hope that you still do! Indeed, a barre class is one activity I look forward to weekly. This fun exercise increases your metabolic rate, which is good for your weight loss. Also, barre workouts are ideal for muscle toning. The combination of several modes of exercises, such as dance conditioning, isometrics and physical therapy practices, helps your muscles to elongate and reshape your body. [Nicolas Ervin]

    ReplyDelete