Monday, January 30, 2012

something in the water

Everyone I know is popping up pregnant these days.  Are we just at "that age" or is there something in the water?  I'm excited for all of my friends and family that have shared the good news, but it kind of makes me wonder what our lives with babies will look like.  Weekend nights will surely be different - dinner at home and making sure to get kids to bed before the bewitching hour.  Topics will change - what new sounds did your baby make today, who does baby look like, do they prefer peas or carrots?  Will we all still make the effort to get together as often as we do now?  My hope is that our friendships will stay strong and withstand the craziness of a newly growing family.  Maybe my focus is on all these little unknowns that most probably don't even have forefront in their minds because they have the excitement building of welcoming a new little person into their lives.  Maybe I should drink some water.

1 comment:

  1. Well, some of us are beyond popping ... but from the far side of the divide, I can assure you that the best friendships not only survive growing families, they themselves grow into "family by choice."

    ReplyDelete